Joy. Definitely not a word that I would use to describe myself. Something I might experience on occasion, for a moment or too. But joy is rare. Laughing continues to get replaced with stoicism. Peace and stillness are often as close as I get, because true joy, the lose yourself in the moment joy, deep belly laugh joy, time stands still joy, heart bursting joy... well that just seems too far away.
But, dear friend, this is about creating a life you LOVE, not a life that you kind of feel peace with.
So in my effort to create more joy, I am going to start with this sweet reminder of the things that bring me joy.
1) A good book, curled up with a soft throw, and a warm cup of tea.
2) Al fresco dining on a warm Spring day. A crisp glass of sauvignon blanc and meal that makes you moan out loud.
3) Moaning out loud (did I really just write that).
5) Outdoor concerts. Singing every word and dancing because you just can't not.
6) Girlfriends. When your inhibitions are lowered enough to laugh til you cry and cry til you laugh.
7) Writing. The way words feel like a waterfall from my brain to my mouth and into the key board
8) Naps. The Spa. And lounging poolside. Just laying there. Breathing. Taking in the peace.
9) Long walks as a family.
10) Nourishing my body. Eating a meal that I know is pure fuel and medicine.
11) Creating a room in my home that is complete and exudes love, nourishment, and peace.
12) Catching up with an old friend. I am always looking forward, so when I can catch up with a friend or family member to collect memories or learn a bit of family history, it fuels my soul.
13) True connections with like-minded people.
14) Growing. I don't know if there is anything more exciting than knowing I've crossed another hurtle and am that much closer to living out my soul's calling.
15) Going for a drive with my husband and just dreaming.
I'm a messy hair lovin' - soulful book junkie - mompreneur who's totally addicted to helping women design a life they lovI'm here, simply, to share my truth so that it inspires you to live yours! To be your boldest, most authentic self, to find your tribe that supports your soul, and to go after success in every area of your life. e.