I’m pretty sure my husband and I invented social media spam. What can I say, I’ve always been ahead of my time. To our defense, Facebook was still a pretty new tool. And it was so simple that we seemed to have everyone we were connected to in a few clicks. Copy/Paste/Hold Your Breath/Send.
But it didn’t take many other companies long to realize that this was the simplest method of all time for gaining instant business… until everyone was doing it. Everyone was receiving it. And no one wanted to be that person.
That’s when your business will become dead in the water as a network marketing professional. When it stops duplicating.
Social media is so powerful with so many ways to make money online from influencer marketing, paid courses, network marketing… and on. And it’s not going away anytime soon but it does change so quickly in a way that makes you continue to stand out is key. Our brains are so smart they pick up on old tactics fast. And that’s why there are no more shortcuts to building this freedom and remote lifestyle.
OK. Ok. Wo when I started to take note, I asked - so what exactly were some of these other leaders doing? Why was it SO attractive? And were they really building a business by just adding value?
Because that is the only thing that will give you staying power. Being a person that people want to follow. And then people do business with those that they know, like, and trust.
This method doesn’t have to be complicated but it does take patience and consistency. On the other hand it does have to be more than “hey look at me… using my product… AGAIN” or “Hey Look at me… never missing a moment while you’re stuck at work… Again” or some version of that exact same message on repeat. As your audience, we have all seen it and this information no longer carries any value.
Here are 5 things I teach my team and how they are winning!
1. It has to be YOU! What are the OTHER tools, tips, and techniques you use? What’s a DIFFERENT side of your personality that you love (funny, sassy, big heart??). My girls are showcasing things from other products they love, books they’re reading, adventures they are going on. They are funny, they are serious, and they are all different.
2. Content Curation. This is a fancy word for saying that your “content” aka posts, don’t have to be created in real time. If making a post in the 5 spare minutes you have is causing so much anxiety (what should I say, what picture should I use, should I just advertise my product again? Oh, crap. The kids are screaming) that you get nothing accomplished or if you just like a system and a plan, then content curation is going to be your jam. It also allows you to mix it up so you can see a good balance of brand and business. Content curation is just taking a bunch of pictures, editing different captions, and posting them at a later date. Boom. And for a person like me, who has a BIG FAT VISION… I actually want to see the path to get there. Curation is that strategy.
3. Build a brand. Authenticity is a big word these days. And there is an important distinction from being authentic and giving away all of your goods. I think it’s so important to keep some things private, special, and reserved for just you and your family. So what is your brand? What are the things that you are all out there about? And what are your consistent messages that help you in creating your content. Pick 3-5 topics. Pick an emotion. And let that carry through in your words and pictures.
4. Aesthetics. Another fancy way of saying that people like things that look good. Again, this doesn’t take away from your authenticity, it enhances it. Creating simple photos that can “slow your scroll” and get your message across is a powerful tool to making sure that your audience isn’t just rolling right past you.
5. GO FOR IT! Whatever you choose… just GO FOR IT! Want to be the next Insta sensation? GO! Want to build a huge FB group? DO IT! Want to dominate Facebook Live? YOU GOT THIS. Email Funnels and freedom? ENJOY! Just don’t overthink it. Because you will change your mind. Your business will change it’s shape. And you will learn more and get better no matter what. So just GO with everything you have in you.
I love social media marketing for network marketing. Because it’s using the exact same strategies that any other successful business is using. And when you learn to build your business with integrity and validity + the compensation opportunities in network marketing, you will build massive respect and a massive income!
I'm a messy hair lovin' - soulful book junkie - mompreneur who's totally addicted to helping women design a life they lovI'm here, simply, to share my truth so that it inspires you to live yours! To be your boldest, most authentic self, to find your tribe that supports your soul, and to go after success in every area of your life. e.